A major international corporation with expansive, ever-changing data needs,
An aging system that couldn’t keep up:
A challenge the Neosynapse team was ready to meet, head on.
The client needed real-time data warehousing to support their customer service and maintenance requirements. Network and customer data changes were taking a full two days to appear in the database. And, data wasn’t being collected and organized in a usable format. With millions of events spread across a variety of systems and message types, existing resources were overwhelmed.
The challenges included:
- High Volume – with an average of 750 million discrete events a day, and peaks of 100,000 events per second.
- Real-Time Data Recovery – access was needed within two minutes of collection.
- Dynamic User Requirements – demands were increasing with rapid customer base growth.
- Security – some of the data collected contained sensitive information.
- 100% Availability – simply put, the system could never be out of service.
Neosynapse developed an architecture, deployed a prototype, and established a full production system.
The components included:
- Grid Computing – Advanced grid computing techniques were incorporated into each component, including the database itself.
- High-Availability Platform – Each component was selected for full availability.
- Multilevel Buffering – A buffering strategy was implemented to prevent blocking operations, even when different parts of the system were under varying loads.
- Pluggable Loaders – The system was designed to easily adapt to new forms of data that were not part of the original design.
The corporation is now supported with one of the largest and most sophisticated data warehouse systems in the world.
The benefits include:
- Increased service representative and technician efficiency
- Eliminated the cost and loss of data caused by outages
- Improved management oversight and business efficiencies
Increased Customer Satisfaction
- Reduced customer wait and problem resolution times
- Proactive and rapid troubleshooting